Sunday, June 17, 2012

A Family Quilt







In February, Kim, a woman in the NYMod guild was interviewed for the QSOS project. She talked a lot about the other quilters in her family and how they collaborated on quilts. Inspired, I went home and called my mom. She was thrilled at the idea. So we started buying fabric. And more fabric and more fabric.
We chose this block. I saw it somewhere online. I'm sure it has a name. We made tons of these.
I mean tons!
We have decided to arrange the blocks so that the whole quilt looks like one big block. Of course this is going to result in one massive quilt. A massive quilt that is sitting in a bag at the moment. But hopefully it will get done this summer. Thanks mom, you rock.



1 comment:

  1. I'm loving these blocks and looking forward to seeing how you're going to make them look like one giant block, so great that you and your mum are having fun and working together :)

    ReplyDelete